SciTechsperience is the internship program that connects college students studying science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines to paid internships in small to mid-sized Minnesota companies.
Both students and companies must meet program eligibility requirements to participate in SciTechsperience:
- Minnesota resident or attending college in Minnesota
- 18 years of age or older
- In good academic standing (2.50+ GPA)
- A technical or community college student (in second year of program) or a college junior or senior (60 credits completed)
- Enrolled in an accredited U.S. college and pursuing a qualifying science, technology, engineering or math degree
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- For-profit companies with a physical presence in Minnesota
- Small to mid-sized companies
- Size limits are based on entire company size worldwide. Companies located in the seven county metro area must have 150 employees or less; companies located in Greater Minnesota must have 250 employees or less
Offer an internship that provides hands-on industry experience
- Qualifying internships must enhance a student’s educational experiences and offer insightful, practical, first-hand training that, when leveraged with their college education, would help them achieve full-time employment in their field of study
- SciTechsperience internships have a focus on STEM. Ideal internships will include tasks such as analysis and problem solving; product development, design, testing, implementation and troubleshooting; research; and field or laboratory work
- Positions that primarily involve administrative, marketing, sales, advertising, generalist, assembly, purchasing, etc. duties will not be considered
- Aerospace and Defense;
- Agriculture, Food, Forestry;
- Biotechnology & Life Sciences;
- Engineering Services;
- Fuels, Energy, Energy Management;
- IT/Computer Technology;
- Mining, Materials, Manufacturing and Processing
See what students and companies are saying about being part of SciTechsperience in our video library on the resources page.