SciTechsperience is an internship program that connects college students studying science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines to paid internships in small to mid-sized Minnesota companies.
SciTechsperience is a state-funded program managed by the Minnesota High Tech Association (MHTA). There are no fees for students or companies to participate.
Both students and companies must meet program eligibility requirements to participate in SciTechsperience:
- Minnesota resident or attending college in Minnesota
- 18 years of age or older
- In good academic standing (2.50+ GPA)
- A college junior or senior (at least 60 credits completed) or
- A technical or community college student (at least 24 credits completed)
- Currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. college and pursuing a qualifying science, technology, engineering or math degree
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- For-profit companies with a physical presence in Minnesota
- Small to mid-sized companies
- Size limits are based the number of employees worldwide. Companies located in the seven county metro area must have 150 employees or less; companies located in Greater Minnesota must have 250 employees or less
Offer an internship that provides hands-on industry experience
- Qualifying internships must enhance a student’s educational experiences and offer insightful, practical, first-hand training that, when leveraged with their college education, would help them achieve full-time employment in their field of study after graduation
- SciTechsperience internships have a focus on STEM. Ideal internships will include tasks such as analysis and problem solving; product development, design, testing, implementation and troubleshooting; research; and field or laboratory work
- Positions that primarily involve administrative, marketing, sales, advertising, generalist, assembly, purchasing, production, etc. duties will not be considered
- Aerospace and Defense;
- Agriculture and Food Science;
- Biotechnology & Life Sciences;
- Engineering Services;
- Fuels, Energy, Energy Management;
- IT/Computer Technology;
- Mining, Materials, Manufacturing and Processing
Employers: Interested in learning more about SciTechsperience works? Check out this webinar from February 2016 (Length: 25 minutes):
See what students and companies are saying about being part of SciTechsperience in our video library on the resources page.