Find great talent & get 50% off your STEM intern wages
SciTech is a free, state-funded program that connects STEM college students to a wide variety of paid internships in small to mid-sized Minnesota companies. Qualified companies receive a wage match that covers 50% of a STEM intern’s wages (up to $2,500). At least 200 spots are available in 2020-2021!
It’s Fast and Easy
Who to Hire
Who to Hire
Small to mid-sized based on worldwide employee count: 250 employees or fewer
For-profit, registered to do business in Minnesota
Offer a paid STEM internship that provides hands-on industry experience:
- Qualifying internships must enhance a student’s educational experiences and offer insightful, practical, first-hand training that, when leveraged with their college education, would help them achieve full-time employment in their field of study after graduation
- SciTech internships have a focus on STEM. Ideal internships will include tasks such as analysis and problem solving; product development, design, testing, implementation and troubleshooting; research; and field or laboratory work
- Positions that primarily involve administrative, marketing, sales, advertising, generalist, assembly, purchasing, production, etc. duties will not be considered
- Wage matches are available for positions that meet the following criteria:
- The intern has not already been hired for the company’s internship position (no “retroactive” matches)
- The intern is registered with and approved by SciTech for participation in the program
- The company is registered with and approved by SciTech, and has an active, approved STEM internship posted on SciTechMN.org prior to hiring an intern
- The employer reports the hire of eligible interns to SciTech staff prior to the start of the internship; this notification will serve to ensure that funds for a wage match are still available and may be set aside for the position.
- Aerospace & Defense; Agriculture & Food Science; Biotechnology & Life Sciences; Fuels & Energy; Engineering Services; IT/Computer Technology; Mining, Materials, Manufacturing & Processing
The Minnesota Technology Association is an Equal Opportunity Service Provider. Information on this site is available in alternative formats for people with disabilities by calling 952-230-4241 (voice) or by using your preferred relay service.